What is Earth Day and why is it important?
We’ve been Earth Day has been celebrated every April 22nd since 1970. The main aim of Earth Day is to raise awareness on the negative impact our actions as mankind have on our environment and earth as a whole, and is a day for political action and civic participation. The theme for Earth Day 2020 is climate action. The enormous challenge — but also the vast opportunities — of action on climate change have distinguished the issue as the most pressing topic for the 50th anniversary.
What do we do to help our planet?
Like every day, we want our lovely products to have as little negative impact on our beautiful planet Earth as possible. That’s why we do the following:
- Our candles are hand poured in small batches using the finest quality 100% natural soy wax and are infused with a blend of premium fragrance & essential oils.
- Not one drop of our blend is wasted and we use all the spillages and misshapen blobs to make ‘wax melts’ for our own personal use. They may not look pretty but they do the job and rescue anything from going in the dustbin.
- We do not test our products (or any ingredients) on animals.
- Soy wax burns cleaner and longer than paraffin wax. This means it is safer, has less soot and is eco-friendly. Perfect for homes with children or anyone with allergies.
- We use natural cotton-linen wicks as this is a sustainable source.
- We do not use dyes, parabens or additives.
- All of our products are vegan & vegetarian-friendly.
- We don’t use any plastics in our production.
- All of our ingredients are as locally sourced as possible, and everything we use comes from the UK.
Delivery & Packaging
- When we receive local orders we will hand deliver parcels, using the journey as a way to get our daily exercise – we love walking 🙂
- We drop any parcels off at our local depot by foot.
- Our shipping boxes are FSC certified and are from sustainable sources… they are also fully recyclable.
- All of our products and packaging are highly recyclable.
- We reuse packaging materials where possible for shipping to help reduce our carbon footprint.
- Our candle jars and tins can be repurposed, reused or recycled.
- You can also save them up and return them to us for discounts on your next purchases, find out more here!
- Our wax melt packaging is recyclable and biodegradable.