This candle is a tribute to Cathie's mum who sadly (and very unexpectedly) passed away just a few months ago. Her main loves in life were her beautiful garden and the birds that so frequently resided within it.
There is a lilac tree, planted by my late grandfather many years ago that sits close to my parents living room window. When in bloom, the summer breeze wafts a beautifully delicate and fragrant scent of lilac into their home and this was something my mother loved. She was always loathed to pick any of the flowers from the tree itself, so I used to pour Lilac candles, in small batches of 3, just for her.
As a tribute to my wonderful mum, we have hand crafted 50 limited edition lilac scented candles and, in her honour, the scent name is simply ‘Lydia’. Beautifully floral & powdery, with fresh, bright lilac notes these 30cl candle jars will light up any room, just like the Lydia we all knew and loved.
£5 from the sale of each one will be donated to the RSPB in her name by way of a memorial donation. We know she’d approve.
This candle is limited edition and there are a limited number available.
Burn time: 55 hours +
Each candle comes in a keepsake white gift box.
F E A T U R E S
- Our candles are hand poured in small batches using the finest quality 100% natural soy wax, infused with a blend of premium fragrance & essential oils.
- Soy wax burns cleaner and longer than paraffin wax. This means it is safer, has less soot and is eco-friendly. Perfect for homes with children or anyone with allergies.
- Approximately 55 hour burn time.
- We use natural cotton-linen wicks as this is a sustainable source.
- We do not use dyes, parabens or additives.
- All of our products are vegan & vegetarian-friendly.
- We do not test our products (or any ingredients) on animals.
- All of our products and packaging are highly recyclable.
- We reuse packaging materials where possible for shipping to help reduce our carbon footprint.
When lighting your Lydia candle for the first time, allow wax to melt to the sides of the jar, ensuring a consistent burn. Maximum recommended burn time is 4 hours per burn. Trim the wick (to approximately 4mm) after each full burn, once cooled. We cannot stress the importance of trimming your wick enough, this will extend the life of your candle, provide a cleaner burn and prevent ‘tunneling’ (wax not melting evenly). See our candle burning tips for more information.
Please note, all of our candles are hand-made and unique, so there might be slight variations.